Friday, August 12, 2005

Koreans hate simplicity and iPod?

As you can see from design of my blog, I like simplicity. It is not that I don't like features (I am all for them), but interface made for me should have simple frontend and powerful backend. I can deal with complex interface, but it leaves unpleasant feeling, and makes me less efficient when doing every day tasks.

But, according to Register, Koreans tend to disagree. You probably know that Apple holds more than 50% of digital music players market with its iPod. However, in Korea Apple has only 1.8% share. And the reason is pretty hard to believe - Koreans like interface that is feature-complex.

To be more precise, one should also take into account that Koreans are much more likely to buy products of their own country (like Samsung players in this case) than other nations.